This White Paper was written by NextGate and published by HealthIT Answers.
Data driven tools are leveraged to confidently identify individuals at enhanced risk of contracting COVID-19, and experiencing poorer outcomes from the virus
Using a combination of population health management strategies and patient identity intelligence, healthcare providers and public health officials can begin to view the social determinants of health as a fundamental component of the fight against COVID-19.
An enterprise master patient index (EMPI) can provide the underlying technical foundation for initiating this type of population health management by:
- Bringing a patient’s complete healthcare status into focus.
- Delivering access to current and complete medical histories.
- Create and manage reliable unique patient identifiers to ensure that records are always associated with the correct individual as they move throughout the healthcare system.
By developing certainty about patient identities and synthesizing that information with data about the social determinants of health, providers can efficiently and effectively connect with their patients to offer much-needed resources.
At Great Practices, our normal role is to help doctors in private practice get paid what they are owed, stay compliant, and in general reduce office costs and increase revenues. We help you keep your business as healthy as you keep your patients. During the COVID-19 crisis, we are helping doctors weather the storm by bringing up-to-date, actionable information to medical practices which are struggling, by:
• Sorting through conflicting information and advice
• Keeping up with almost daily changes to available programs
• Providing advice tailored to your specific needs